TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Overheating problem
People Seeking Info

Subject Overheating problem

Posted by L£AÐZX on June 25, 2015 at 8:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 240 times.

Message So as a follow up from my last overheating problem, I fixed it by upgrading the radiator and clutch fan. Everything was running great after that untill my upper radiator hose split. I saw a huge cloud of smoke and pulled over to find the busted hose.. Replaced it a few minutes later and got back on the road only to overheat again.

This time there was no smoke or leaking fluid but when I shut the car off I heard hissing from the back of the motor. I sprayed the hoses back there with soapy water looking for the pinhole leak but didnt find anything. The ac wasnt getting hot either so could it be the heater core? there isnt any coolant leaking in the cabin or coolant smell in the cabin, I smell a hint of coolant near the back of the engine tho. I think the PO did the plenum water bypass so I doubt its any of those hoses but I cant really see. What should I do next? I dont want to take the plenum off without knowing exactly where the leak is but I cant find or see the problem. Also the car is having trouble starting right after this but im not sure if thats related

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.